Ad policies and creative restrictions
Display Banner Ads
The following image requirements apply to all campaign creatives submitted for approval and are designed to prevent user confusion and to ensure publisher website quality is not degraded as a result of spammy, irrelevant, and/or unethical ads.
a. Acceptable Ad Units
- 728x90px – Leaderboard*
- 300x250px – Medium Rectangle*
- 300x600px – Half Page Ad*
- 320x50px – Smartphone Static Wide Banner*
- 160x600px – Wide Skyscraper *
- 468x60px – Banner *
- 970x90px – Super Leaderboard
*required unit/creative for all display campaigns
Note: Your campaign will be negatively impacted if you do not provide banners in every size.
b. Acceptable File Sizes
File sizes should be under 150KB.
c. Accuracy and Relevance
Display ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised. To prevent any confusion, all creatives must have the logo of the advertiser clearly visible. All ad components, including any text, images or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the ad.
d. Animated Banners
All animated artwork must be designed to display at a rate slower than 3 seconds per slide and should not be distracting to users.
e. Creative Border/Stroke
All creatives, especially those that utilize a white or light colored background, must include a dark gray or black border around the artwork that clearly separates the ad from the website it is being advertised on.
f. Text in Images
Words should account for no more than 25% of your overall creative. When you use images in your banner design, try to include as little text as possible on the image itself as our research has shown that people prefer to see ads with minimal image text. Avoid spreading text all over the image and do not use large fonts or colors that could be considered distracting.
g. Video Ads
Video ads and other dynamic ad types must comply the all of the rules listed in these Advertising Policies, as well as the policies below:
1. Video Creative Requirements
- Max standard video length: 60 secs
- Min standard video length: 10 secs
- File type: any standard digital video format (.MOV, .MP4, etc.)
- Max file size: 300 MB
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 or 16:9 (video will be scaled to show in different size video players)
- Frame rate: 30 fps
h. Disruptive Content
Videos and other similar ad types must not use overly disruptive tactics, such as flashing screens or excessive volume.
i. Misleading or False Content
Ads must not contain deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices.
j. Controversial Content
Ads must not contain content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
k. Automatic Animation
Ads must not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person’s interaction.
l. Non-Functional Landing Page
Ads must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
m. Grammar & Profanity
Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
n. Nonexistent Functionality
Ads must not contain images that portray nonexistent functionality.
o. Low Quality or Disruptive Content
Ads must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalized headlines, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low quality ad content.
p. Spyware or Malware
Ads must not contain spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
q. Discriminatory Practices
Ads must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family status, disability, or genetic condition.
Use of Our Brand Assets
Ads must not imply a Marine Ad Network endorsement or partnership of any kind, or an endorsement by any other Marine Ad Network publishing partner.
Copyrights & Trademarks
All other ads and landing pages must not use our copyrights, Trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, except with our prior written permission.
Data Use Restrictions
- Ensure any ad data collected, received or derived from your Marine Ad Network campaign is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring your service providers protect any Marine Ad Network advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- Don’t use Marine Ad Network advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Marine Ad Network) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your advertising campaigns on Marine Ad Network.
- Don’t use Marine Ad Network advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- Don’t transfer any Marine Ad Network advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Things You Should Know
- The Advertising Policies apply to (1) ads and commercial content served by or purchased through Marine Ad Network.
- Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your account.
- If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
- We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
- For policies that require prior written permission, Marine Ad Network may grant these permissions.
- These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.