Facebook has been rolling out new profile images over the past few months. Instead of a square shape, they are now circular. Companies that had a lot of text in their profile image should definitely check their pages. As you can see from the image below, even The Weather Channel’s logo is cut off in the new design.
I have found the optimal Profile Image dimensions to be 340×340
Here are a few tips from Facebook:
- Displays at 170×170 pixels on your Page on computers, 128×128 pixels on smartphones and 36×36 pixels on most feature phones
- Displays at 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones
- Doesn’t display on feature phones
- Must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that’s 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
Make sure to “like” the Marine Ad Network on Facebook!